Saturday, March 1, 2014

Interview

Interview

I was able to interview a Chamorro person who I found on Facebook. (Did not wanted to release his/her name)


  1. Do you live now in Guam?
  • No I moved four years ago from the island. I stay connected to the culture even though I moved. I still live by the same traditions, celebrate the patron saints of our villages, I still cook the same way my mom and my grandmother cooked.
      2. Why did you move and where do you live now?
  • I live in California. I moved for a better job opportunity.
      3. What do you think is the most interesting thing about the culture other might not know?
  • I think it's the strength of family! You don't even have to be blood related the hospitality of the islanders makes you feel like family....at least that's the way it's always been in our family!
      4. How often do you go back to the island?
  • I haven't been home in 4 years....hopefully next summer.
      5. 

No comments:

Post a Comment